LAST UPDATED: August 2023
At Bras N Things, we respect our customers and understand that you may have questions about privacy. This Consumer Privacy Notice (“Notice”) provides an overview of the practices of Bras N Things Inc. and its affiliates, subsidiaries and associates (“Bras N Things”, “we”, ”our”, ”us”) with respect to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information.
The term “consumer”, “your” and “you”, as used in this Notice, is intended to refer to Bras N Things consumers and visitors to the Services. “Personal Information” means any information that directly or indirectly can identify you that is provided to Bras N Things.
This Notice applies to Personal Information collected on our websites, mobile applications, stores, online or offline events, or one of our other products or services (the “Services”).
This Notice does not apply to third-party companies (including, without limitation, their websites, platforms, or applications) which we do not own or control. These sites may have their own privacy notices and terms and conditions that you should consult.
We are providing this Notice to help you better understand the following:
- What Personal Information Bras N Things Collects
- How Bras N Things Uses Your Personal Information
- How Bras N Things Protects Your Personal Information
- How Your Personal Information is Disclosed to Third Parties
- Cross-Border Data Transfers of Your Personal Information
- Updating Your Account Information and Managing Your Preferences
- Information about Children Under 13
- Your Privacy Rights & Choices
- Additional Information for California Consumers
- Additional Information for Resident of the European Union, Norway, Liechtenstein, and Iceland (“EEA”), Switzerland, and United Kingdom (“UK”) Privacy Rights
- How to Submit Privacy Related Inquiries and Requests
- Revisions and Updates
We encourage you to refer to this Notice periodically so that you understand our current practices regarding information collected about you through your access and use of the Services.
Bras N Things may collect information from a variety of sources, including information provided by you, information we collect when you access or use the Services, and information about you that we receive from third-party sources.
Bras N Things has identified our sources of information, together with examples of the kinds of information collected by each source:
- Information You Provide: We may collect Personal Information from you when you access or use the Services. For example, you may provide such information when you search for and buy a product, subscribe to various services such as email communications, participate in our customer loyalty program, post reviews or other user-generated content, compile a “My Favorites” list or other product list, participate in contests or questionnaires, respond to a survey, or communicate with customer service (including, but not limited to, email, mail, telephone, or via our website chat function). among other things. Examples of the types of Personal Information that we may request from you include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Name (first, middle initial, and last),
- Address (billing and shipping),
- Zip code,
- E-mail address,
- Telephone number(s)
- Date of birth or age
- Security question answers
- Credit card or other payment information for purchases you make on the Services,
- Commercial information including your order history (including items considered, search history, returns or exchanges),
- Unique personal identifier,
- Online identifier,
- Internet protocol (IP) address,
- Personal Information that may be considered “sensitive”, including Personal Information that reveals ethnicity, race and religious or philosophical beliefs, and
- Any other Personal Information you may choose to provide to us.
- Mobile Information: When you use the Services on a mobile device or when you download or use any apps created by us, we may receive information about your location. We may also receive information about your mobile device itself, including your device’s unique identifier. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services and other services, such as advertising, search results and other personalized content.
If you choose not to provide certain information, this may impact your use of certain resources or services that are provided by Bras N Things.
We may use the information, including Personal Information, we collect from you and about your use of our Services for a variety of reasons related to our business operations and as set forth in this Notice, and we may combine information about you that we collect online, in our stores, via mobile applications and from third-party sources. Examples of ways that we may use such information include the following:
- Providing our Services: To provide our Services to you and to operate and improve our Services, the user experience, and our business.
- Business communication: To communicate with you for business reasons. Or, to let you know about changes to our policies or in response to your inquiry
- Providing the products and services you request, or to process returns;
- Responding to your requests (including, for example, to process an order; enter a sweepstakes; post a testimonial, photograph, comment, or question, or to receive product information or catalogs, to enroll in our e-mail, or to communication with you online via our chat function.
- Inviting you to participate in market research and conducting analytics;
- Providing any necessary notices to our visitors and notifying them about Services updates;
- Sending catalogs, printed materials, offers and other announcements to postal addresses and allowing our affiliates and other third-party marketers to do the same;
- Sending e-mail offers, announcements, or newsletters to your e-mail address (these e-mails may come from any of us at Bras N Things, including any Bras N Things affiliate or Business Partner);
- Contacting you (either by a traditional voice call or through a SMS or text message, or a Social Media Platform) on a residential or mobile telephone number you have given us, to provide you with information about our products, special offers, or promotions;
- Contacting you using a telephone number you have given us, to complete a transaction you have initiated with us;
- Enabling users to register an account on the Services and to log in using their credentials from a Social Media Platform;
- Providing apps or interactive features of the Services, such as product reviews or marketing communications and other information regarding our products, services and promotions;
- Administering our customer loyalty program, promotions, surveys and focus groups; and
- Providing location-based services, including search results and other personalized content, through use of location information obtained from your mobile device.
- Resource monitoring: To monitor usage of Bras N Things facilities and resources, and secure Bras N Things premises, assets and information
- Tracking our visitors’ use of the Services for internal research purposes and to enhance our product messaging to you;
- Improving the content, appearance and utility of the Services; and
- Security purposes, including monitoring against theft and fraud and addressing security issues related to the Services.
- Legal and regulatory: Compliance, internal control evaluations and audits (including those conducted by Bras N Things’ internal and external audit service providers), and complying with law enforcement, government agencies, a government mandate, or legal requirements.
- Other purposes: For other purposes, including but not limited to, engaging in other activities discussed under this Notice or by Bras N Things in its discretion.
We maintain commercially reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect your Personal Data. However, no e-commerce solution, website, database, or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” As such, you are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
Bras N Things may disclose Personal Information with third parties in a limited number of circumstances, including:
- Affiliates: We may share your Personal Information within the Bras N Things family of companies for marketing and/or other business or administrative purposes.
- Third Parties:
- Service Providers: We may work with other companies to provide certain services to us and you, including customer service, credit card processing, shipping, e-mail distribution, changing mailing addresses, market research, promotions management, database management, and advertising and promotion management. These third-party service providers may have access to Personal Information to perform their functions.
Our advertising partners may use third-party Cookies on our site. In the future, we may partner with other entities that will provide us with interest-based advertising (displayed on the Services or elsewhere on the Internet).
- Business Partners: We may share your Personal Information with our Business Partners in relation to your interaction with or purchase of such Business Partner’s merchandise from us (e.g., branded merchandise such as for a team or university/college). The Business Partner may use your Personal Information for their own purposes, such as for their own marketing purposes. We do not control how Business Partners use and share your information once they receive it; you will need to contact the Business Partner directly for information about their privacy practices or to exercise rights you may have.
Bras N Things may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties (companies and organizations) under the following circumstances:
- Purposes authorized by you: When you have requested or authorized such disclosure (e.g., payment processing, delivery of goods and services, participating in Bras N Things sponsored programs, if you create a “My Favorites” list and elect to make it available to the public).
- Co-Sponsored events: We sometimes work with an unaffiliated co-sponsor to provide certain contests, sweepstakes, promotions and other offerings to our consumers. We will let you know if an event or promotion is co-sponsored (for example, by prominently displaying the co-sponsor’s name and/or logo on applicable pages on the Services). As part of a co-sponsored event, we may provide the co-sponsor with information (including Personal Information) that is necessary to facilitate the event. In these circumstances, our co-sponsor will have the right to use any Personal Information received from us for its own purposes, and such uses would then be subject to the co-sponsor’s own privacy practices. We are not responsible for how our co-sponsors may use your Personal Information that we share in connection with a co-sponsored event.
- Social media platforms: If you choose to connect your ID with a Social Media Platform or use your credentials on it to register or log in to the Services, we will ask you for your permission to access your data on the Social Media Platform to create a Services account.
- Protecting our interests; legal compliance: We may disclose information we collect when we believe disclosure is appropriate in order to comply with the law, to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements, and/or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our consumers, or others. If some or all of our business assets are sold or transferred, we may transfer the corresponding information regarding our consumers. We also may retain a copy of such transferred consumer information.
- Aggregated information: We may share with third parties certain aggregate information (that is, information that does not directly identify an individual). This allows us to give you a more personalized experience when you access and use the Services.
Since Bras N Things is a multinational organization with a presence in many countries, your Personal Information may be transferred across national borders and may be accessed by Bras N Things entities as well as affiliated vendors and suppliers from countries with varying degrees of protection for your Personal Data. If Personal Information is transferred outside of your country of origin, we use commercially reasonable efforts to protect such Personal Data.
You may update your account information and preferences by:
- Updating your account information:
- If you are a registered user of the Services, you can use the My Account page on the Services to update your contact, shipping, and other account information.
- If you have questions about your order, you may check your order status online using this link.
- If you have any additional questions, please call our Customer Service department at (888) 246-6902.
- Managing Your Preferences. We want to communicate with you in the most effective manner, whether by sending you relevant marketing materials or by operating an intuitive and informative website. At the same time, we appreciate that your preferences regarding marketing, promotions and online privacy will continue to evolve. This Section provides you with information on how you can fine-tune your preference settings.
- Bras N Things Marketing and Promotions. If, at any time, you no longer wish to receive marketing or promotional materials from us, you may notify us of your choice in several different ways. You may send an e-mail to email@example.com; you may write to:
Bras N Things, P.O. Box 283
Rural Hall, NC 27045-0283
or you may call (888) 246-6902
When contacting us, please be sure to provide us with your exact contact information, including e-mail address, name, postal address, and/or telephone number(s) in order to be sure we handle your request correctly.
In addition, each time we send you an e-mail marketing message, we give you the option to unsubscribe from the applicable brand’s promotional e-mail list by simply clicking the unsubscribe link included in the e-mail.
We may, however, continue to contact you via e-mail if you have subscribed to any of our other brand-specific e-mail lists. We may also continue to contact you by e-mail for administrative or informational purposes, including follow-up messages regarding the administration of your account, services, features or functions in which you have enrolled or registered to use, other promotions or contests in which you have participated or have entered, goods and/or services you have ordered, and other transactions you have undertaken with the Services.
- Third-Party Services: This Notice does not cover any use of Personal Information or other information that a third party may collect from you or that you may make available through use of the Services or our branded pages on a third-party website (such as a fan page on a Social Media Platform), and any such information is subject to the applicable third party’s privacy practices. Accordingly, we encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy policies and controls of applicable third-party service providers and Social Media Platforms.
- Mobile Devices: Most mobile devices allow you to customize various privacy settings, such as location services and push notifications. For more information about how to do this, please contact your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your mobile device to learn how to adjust the settings on your device. Please note that if you choose not to provide us with your location information through the mobile version of the Services, you may not be able to use some or all of the Services’ features.
- Cookies: Internet browser software may allow you to change settings and prevent websites from automatically setting Cookies. Some media players, such as Flash, allow you to manage local shared objects. If you do change these settings, it may affect your ability to use certain features and functions on our Services, and you may need to re-enter information when you use the Services at a later time. You should consult with the publisher or licensor of your browser and media players if you want to change the settings or if you are experiencing trouble browsing our Services.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. We do not direct our products for purchase by children, but some portions of the Services may offer children’s products for purchase by adults.
If you as a parent or guardian believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided our website with Personal Information, we ask that you call (800) 283-5215 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will delete the information about the child from our files.
Depending upon your US state of residence, you may have certain rights in relation to your personal information under applicable law, including:
- Right to Know and Access: The rights to confirm whether or not we are processing your Personal Information and to access such Personal Information.
- Right to Correct: The right to correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, taking into account the nature of the Personal Information and our purposes of the processing of such Personal Information.
- Right to Delete: The right to delete Personal Information provided by or obtained about you.
- Right to Obtain a Copy: The right to obtain a copy of your Personal Information that you previously provided to us in a portable and technically feasible, readily useable format that allows you to transmit the data to another controller without hindrance, where the processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right to Opt Out: The right to opt out of the processing of your Personal Information for purposes of: (1) targeted advertising, (2) the sale of Personal Information, or (3) profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning you. Bras N Things does not conduct profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning you.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights described in this Section, please refer to Section 12 (below) for instructions on how to submit your request. If you would like to appeal any action that we take, please email us at email@example.com, and we will escalate your request internally.
This Section of our Notice applies only to residents of the state of California and supplements the information above. All terms not otherwise defined in this Section shall have the meanings as defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020, along with any implementing regulations (the “CCPA”).
Categories of Personal Information Collected About Consumers
- Identifiers such as real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- Additional Personal Information described in Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.80 such as signature, physical characteristics or description, telephone number, debit or credit card numbers.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, gender (including gender identity), health information, disability, and military and veteran status.
- Commercial information, such as records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this Section to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
- Sensitive Personal Information, such as Personal Information that reveals ethnicity or race, and religious or philosophical beliefs.
Categories of Sources from Which Personal Information is Collected
Bras N Things may have collected Personal Information about you from any of the categories of sources set forth in the “What Personal Information Bras N Things Collects” Section of this Notice.
Categories of Personal Information “Sold” or “Shared” with Third Parties
Bras N Things does not directly disclose your Personal Information with third parties for monetary consideration. However, in the preceding 12 months, Bras N Things has “sold” or “shared” (as such terms are defined under the CCPA) the following categories of Personal Information, listed above in the “Categories of Personal Information Collected About Consumers” section of this Notice: (1) identifiers, (2) commercial information, and (3) internet or other electronic network activity information. We may have “sold” or “shared” these categories of Personal Information with analytics and measurement providers and companies involved in marketing and advertising in order to provide you with marketing and advertising and for internal research, analytics, and development purposes. Bras N Things has actual knowledge that it has “sold” or “shared” (as such terms are defined under the CCPA) Personal Information of consumers under 16 years of age.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed to Third Parties
In the preceding 12 months, Bras N Things may have disclosed your Personal Information to the categories of third parties set forth in the “How Your Personal Information is Shared with Third Parties” Section of this Notice.
Business or Commercial Purpose for Collecting or Disclosing Personal Information
Bras N Things may have collected or disclosed Personal Information about you for any of the business or commercial purposes set forth in the “How Bras N Things Uses Your Personal Information” Section of this Notice.
Use or Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information
Bras N Things may use or disclose your sensitive Personal Information outside of the following limited purposes: (1) performing our services or providing goods, (2) preventing, detecting, and investigating security incidents, (3) resisting malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal actions, (4) ensuring physical safety, (5) for short-term transient use, including certain non-personalized advertising, (6) maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, verifying customer information, or providing similar services, (7) verifying and maintaining the quality or safety of a service or product to improve, upgrade, or enhance a service or product, or (8) for purposes that do not infer characteristics about you.
Retention of Personal Information
Bras N Things will only keep your Personal Information for so long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this Notice, unless a longer retention period is permitted or required by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements).
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights regarding your Personal Information:
- Right to Delete: Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to request that Bras N Things delete any Personal Information about you which we have collected from you. Notwithstanding your right to delete your Personal Data, Bras N Things reserves the right to retain any of your Personal Information that it is permitted or required to maintain pursuant to applicable laws.
- Right to Access: You have the right to request that Bras N Things provide you the following information:
- The categories and specific pieces of Personal Information Bras N Things has collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which your Personal Information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing your Personal Data.
- The categories of third parties with whom the Bras N Things discloses your Personal Data.
- Right to Correct Inaccurate Personal Information: You have the right to correct inaccurate Personal Information that we maintain about you.
- Right to Opt Out of “Sale” or “Sharing” Personal Information: You have the right to opt out of the “sale” or “sharing” of your Personal Information by Bras N Things.
- Right to Limit the Use or Disclosure of “Sensitive Personal Information”: You have the right to limit the use or disclosure of sensitive Personal Information by Bras N Things.
- Right to Not Receive Discriminatory Treatment: You have the right not to be discriminated against because you exercised any of the rights conferred by the CCPA in this Section.
How to Exercise Your CCPA Rights
If you are a California resident and want to exercise any of your CCPA rights described in this Section or to have an authorized agent submit a request on your behalf, please refer to Section 12 (below) for instructions on how to submit your request.
Right to notice of information shared for direct marketing purposes
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of Personal Information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates’ direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of Personal Information shared with third parties and used for direct marketing purposes and the name and address of the third parties that received such Personal Information. If you are a California resident and want a copy of this notice, please refer to Section 12 (below) for instructions on how to submit your request.
Notice of Financial Incentive
We offer our customers a loyalty program (the Rewards Program) that provides certain perks, such as rewards and exclusive offers. We may also provide other programs, such as sweepstakes, contests, or other similar promotional campaigns (collectively, the “Programs”). When you sign up for one of these Programs, we typically ask you to provide your name and contact information (such as email address and/or telephone number). Because our Programs involve the collection of Personal Information, they might be interpreted as a “financial incentive” program under California law. The value of your Personal Information to us is related to the value of the free or discounted products or services, or other benefits that you obtain or that are provided as part of the applicable Program, less the expense related to offering those products, services, and benefits to Program participants.
You may withdraw from participating in a Program at any time by contacting us using the designated method set forth in the applicable Program rules. Visit the terms and conditions page of each Program to view full details, including how to join.
You may use the contact information below to update or amend the Personal Information that Bras N Things has about you, or to submit a general privacy related inquiry or request in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Rights Requests: To exercise your rights regarding your Personal Information you may have under applicable laws, you may use Bras N Things’ online webform.
- “Selling,” “Sharing,” or “Targeted Advertising”: You may opt out of the “selling,” “sharing,” or “targeted advertising” of your Personal Information described above by sending certain browser-enabled opt out signals. You may learn more about how to set the Global Privacy Control here: https://globalprivacycontrol.org/. Alternatively, you may go to our “Your Privacy Choices” page.
- Limit Use of Sensitive Personal Information: If you are a California resident, to exercise your right to limit the use and disclosure of your sensitive Personal Data, you may go to Bras N Things ’ online webform.
- Telephone: (800) 283-5215
When contacting us, please be sure to provide us with your e-mail address, name, address, and/or phone number(s) so that we can verify your identity and handle your request appropriately.
We reserve the right to change this Notice at any time. When we make changes to this Notice, we will update the revision date at the bottom of this page. Any changes to our Notice will become effective upon our posting of the revised Notice on the Services. Use of the Services following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Notice then in effect.
Last updated: August 17, 2023